Clearlogx Chemical Control Features
The Clearlogx Process can provide a range of benefits for the following categories:
- DBP - TOC - Turbidity - Metals - Color - NDMA Regulatory Compliance
- Low Pressure UF Membrane fouling reduction. Conventional media filter optimization
- Conventional Multi Media Filter Optimization
- Improved coagulant/flocculant performance; turbidity mitigation, soluble organic removal
- Acidification for soluble organic removal enhancement
- Clarification/Sedimentation/Flotation optimization
- Corrosion control via Langelier Saturation Index (LSI) and Chloride-Sulfate Ratio (CSMR) Control
- Disinfection control
- Water treatment total chemical dosing and management control
- DBP - TOC - Turbidity - Metals - Color - NDMA Regulatory Compliance: Complete chemical feed monitoring and control for regulatory compliance.
- Low Pressure Membrane Fouling Reduction. Combined with specialty coagulant dosing, logic incorporates acid or base feed via streaming current or zeta potential signal to maintain optimum pH and particle charge. Controlled feed maintains charge to eliminate particle attraction allowing for reduced membrane fouling and longer more efficient conventional media filter runs.
- Conventional Multi Media Filter Optimization: Similar logic to improving low pressure membrane performance, controlled feed maintains charge to promote agglomeration and prevent filter breakthrough.
- Improved coagulant/flocculant performance; turbidity mitigation, soluble organic removal: Logic incorporates turbidity, soluble organic level, temperature associated with raw water pH to provide maximum turbidity mitigation and soluble organic removal.
- Acidification for soluble organic removal enhancement: Logic provides for pH suppression as needed to conserve coagulant and limit sludge generation/disposal. pH suppression is limited to prevent adverse clarification/sedimentation/flotation operation.
- Clarification/Sedimentation/Flotation Optimization: These processes are dependent upon proper chemical performance to operate efficiently. Logic controls and maintains ideal pH and particle charge for enhancef process efficiency.
- Corrosion control via Langelier Saturation Index (LSI) and Chloride-Sulfate Ratio (CSMR) Control: Logic controls and maintains ideal LSI and/or CSMR to protect distribution system against corrosion as well as compliance to the Lead & Copper Rule. CSMR control also provides for automated dual coagulant control to maintain ideal ratios.
- Disinfection control: Logic limits disinfectant dosing to avoid residuals which affect dinsinfection by product formation (DBP).
- Water treatment total chemical dosing and management control: Complete water treatment process chemical management monitoring and control optimization system.